Tuesday 7 August 2012

Dressin' Fine, Makin' Time

I would like to apologise for my complete failure on the blogging front recently.  Work's been mental and I haven't had time to write.  Sorry.

Thursday went well.  I lost 2 1/2 lbs.  I now have 2 1/2 lbs to lose before I get my 4 stone award.  I'd LOVE it if it was this week.  I'm giving it my best shot this week.  I've been determined, I'm still on the wagon (Day 16.  Blood is now coursing through my alcohol stream.  I'm starting to see things as they really are.  'Floor!'  'Curtains!' 'Gobshite!'  Erm.  Sorry.  Just went all Father Ted there for a minute!), I've kept to well under 10 Syns a day, except for Saturday when I went half a Syn over, but I'm not worried about that really.  I've walked a lot.  I haven't  been quite as stressed out this week as I have been during the last two weeks about losing weight.  I don't feel any different or any thinner.  I know I couldn't possibly have put weight on with the things I've been eating, but hey - who knows how the human body works?  Certainly not me.  It'th a mythtery, as Toyah Wilcox might say.  For the benefit of my readers under the age of 35 and who therefore don't know who Toyah Wilcox is - ask your mum.  She'll always be Monkey to me.  Toyah, that is.  Not your mum.  I feel as though I'm unwittingly starting to stray into unintentional 'your mum' jokes territory.  I'm going to end this aside right now before I get into trouble!

I'm really sorry you missed the fiesta.  It was a special fiesta as well, in honour of the synchronised swimming.  Ricardo has become obsessed with it.  He designed a load of inflatable leg warmers for the llamas and they did a fabulous routine.  If I get my 4 stone shiny sticker this week I'll get them to re-create the whole thing for you.

I should point out at this juncture that I will probably be off-grid for the next ten days or so.  I'll update as much as I can, obviously, but on Friday, Saturday and Sunday I shall be at the annual District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in Liverpool.  In the North West for the last 14 years or so it's been held at the Manchester Arena and it's a big, scary place, so my family and I have escaped to somewhere far more exotic for the Convention over the last few years.  Stoke-on-Trent.  Anyway, this year it's in Liverpool, and as my entire family are from the glorious city, we're very excited about the prospect. 

I have new dresses.  I had a disastrous afternoon's shopping on Saturday.  Not that the company was disastrous, you understand - it was fabulous. After all, I was with my pal, Heather.  I know.  Two Heathers, no messing.  She's awesome and I love her to distraction.  So, I had a grand old time as always with her, it was just the dresses were the problem.  They were either too short or too low (and although I'm skinny now, I still have massive knockers to deal with) - and often both at the same time.  Although at least they all fitted me.  It's nice to know that I can walk into a shop, pick up a dress in a particular size and know that it will fit me.  I don't think I've ever done that before.  It's all progress.  I found a new dress yesterday, which is very pretty and fits me, so I'm nearly replete with dresses in my wardrobe, which is all very exciting.  Eventually, I will post my 'before' and 'half way through' photos.  I just need to retrieve the 'before' photo that my Auntie Heather took of me in January!

After the Convention, I'm moving out of home for a week or so.  Long story.  I'm sleeping at my pal's house for a few nights and then staying with another pal for a few nights.  I should still be able to update the blog while I'm away because I'll still be working, but if not, you'll know why.  My life should hopefully return to normal - well, as normal as my life ever gets, anyway - on or around 23 August, which coincides with the Global Public Holiday I've been campaigning for for the last who knows how long - International Keith Moon Day.  Everything is wonderful on that day, it's by far my favourite day on the calendar.  So it's only fitting, really, that everything sorts itself out by then.

I shall try to update on Wednesday or Thursday but I won't be able to update on my results from Fat Club until at least Monday next week.  Sorry about that, chaps.  Wish me luck though.  I have a feeling that this week I'm seriously going to need it!!

1 comment:

  1. Fiestas and fat club aside, sounds like you're going to be all over the place in the next couple of weeks. All exciting stuff though, just make sure you put your feet up at some point as well x

    ReplyDelete