Wednesday 15 January 2014

... Oh.

Yesterday was okay.  The test itself wasn't remotely difficult, all I had to do was just lie down and have flashing lights in my eyes for fifteen minutes and then breathe like Darth Vader during hayfever season for three minutes and then they let me have a kip.  Staying awake for twenty-four hours prior to that, however, was pretty tough going.  Between half past two and half past three I felt ridiculously hyper, between four and six I thought I was going crazy and felt like my eyeballs were going to fall out of their sockets. The worst part was the car journey to the hospital, I couldn't keep my eyes open!!  I must've looked dreadful.  I certainly felt like I'd died three weeks earlier and my body was just in the process of catching up with me...

When it finally came to the time the nurse let me sleep, and how I managed to stay awake through the rest of the test is still beyond me, as luck would have it - no sooner did I close my eyes than the workmen outside thought it'd be a great idea to start drilling the pavement.  Not even a euphemism.  Still, after approximately 28 hours, even if they'd started drilling in the exam room I wouldn't have noticed, I was out like a light for fifteen glorious minutes. Sigh.  It was great.

Anyway, that's all over now and hopefully I won't have to do it again.

But today was my second weigh-in after a week of generally being good and refusing yummy stuff and being completely sober, I hopped back on the scales, waiting to see how I'd done.  The llamas got their new leg-warmers on especially for the occasion, ready at any moment to put on the fiesta of all fiestas.  I crossed my fingers, I thought thin thoughts, I said the magic words "Please don't let me put any weight on...!" and then looked at the number on the scales...

It was exactly the same.  Exactly.  To the ounce.  Absolutely nothing had altered.

Positives:  Hey, at least I didn't put any on!
Negatives:  WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!  What is the point in life?!!?  Nothing is worth anything!!  I AM POINTLESS!!!  I should just die now and save the NHS time and expense on treating any future weight-related health issues!!!!  *sob*

After having a mini-breakdown and writing seven different versions of a suicide note, I told my Mum when she came to visit.  She said she'd been weighed the previous day and hopped on the scales to see what it said about her.  If they're to be believed she put half a stone on in less than 24 hours...  Then she said that the scales were actually third-hand and not very good.  

So.... erm...  Well, the llamas haven't done a fiesta today because we're all scratching our heads in confusion.

I'm changing the scales and getting weighed again tomorrow so I can start all over again.  So the llamas will have an extra week to work on their routine.  It will be spectacular.  Or at least it should be.  

Flippin' scales.  They do have a habit of spoiling people's day.  But they won't do next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment