Friday 20 January 2012

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

That's me!

I lost 3lbs this week!  Three!  That's taken me past the half stone mark already!

Bring on those dancing llamas!!  *does excited little jig*

I know it's not quite as staggering as my weight loss of last week, even though I thought I'd done much better this week than last week, but I'd been feeling pretty bloated and generally a bit fatter this week - as evidenced by my self-pitying ramble on Wednesday.  So to be honest I was surprised I'd lost anything, and I only really hoped for 1 1/2 lbs so I could make it up to the half-stone.  So going over that was quite a result, really.

I got a little certificate and a sticker to commemmorate my half-stone loss.  If anyone's handing out free stickers, I'm totally in.  Can't wait to see what colour sticker I get for losing a stone!! 

The Token Bloke only lost 1lb.  I felt a bit bad for him cos he was a bit down about it.  He still seemed to be rather upbeat and have a sort of "Well, not as good as I'd hoped, but I'm going to do a food diary this week and work out where I've gone wrong - I am *having* this, dammit!" type attitude about the whole thing.  So, good on him. 

There was a girl in the group called Beth, who is a comedy genius.  She put on weight this week and is quite proud of it.  She shares a common love of all things edible and a preference for watching Masterchef, featuring the fabulously grumpy John Torode in his chef whites (phwoar!) to watching The Biggest Loser.  Apparently she makes up fancy gift packs of sweets and chocolates for a living, and has three full-length cupboards in her kitchen filled with chocolates and sweets.  Andrea the Consultant asked how she manages to resist temptation to scoff the lot when she goes into the kitchen and Beth just shrugged and said "I don't!  Evidently!"  Awesome. 

Another lady, who left before the group started, I think her name was Barbara, had also put on a couple of lbs during the week.  Apparently, Andrea had asked her if she'd had a bad week and she said, "No, I've had a bloody brilliant week!" 

That's another good thing about the group.  If you do have a bit of a slip-up, it's nothing to be ashamed of.  You can have a good laugh about it, not have to analyse it and just knuckle down and get on with it the following week.  Don't get depressed, there's always next week to make it up.

I'm still feeling quite buoyed by the whole Fat Club thing.  Even my next door neighbour said he could tell I look smaller.  God love him.  I must say I have noticed that I'm shrinking, just a little bit.  It's going well.  I have no reason to get discouraged just yet.  Even when I felt like I was having a bad week it still worked out all right - and if I can keep up this losing half a stone in a fortnight lark for the next few months, you won't even recognise me by my birthday in June!!

I'm looking forward to the weekend and spending some time with My Rachael (brilliant song by Nathan Persad - probably still unavailable on his label, Mile High Records, though!) tonight, eating some yummy food and watching some glorious superheroey action.  Not too sure what the plans are for the rest of the weekend, but whatever happens, and whatever you're up to, have a great time!

Join me on Monday when I'll finally give you an update on the story (the writer's block seems to have shifted a bit!) and give you all the hot gossip from the weekend - if any!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!

    I wish we could get together like that. :(

    ReplyDelete