Monday 23 January 2012

It's a Little Bit Funny

Happy Monday, everyone!! 

I know, I know, what's so happy about it?  Good question.  I'm in a bizarrely unprovoked great mood today and I don't think anything can bring me down.  That may have been something to do with the chuff-off coffee I had at Costa this morning.  For those of you who are panicking at the idea of a person on a diet going into Costa, it's fine - no rules were broken or bent.  Slimming World totally understands the importance of caffeine in the human psyche.

I think the important thing about the weekend, for me, is that I didn't really overeat.  Although I probably had about a trillion Syns on Saturday when (purely out of politeness, you understand... *removes tongue from cheek*) I had a spoonful of homemade blackberry ice-cream.  Oh Emm Eff Gee, it was literally the most amazing thing I've ever had in my life - it was *just* cream and blackberry juice!  Just the memory of it will keep me going for the next couple of months, I'm quite sure!  Still, I really reined it all in yesterday and am detemined to continue in the same vein during the week.  I will drop my first stone by the end of next week, dammit.  I've only got 5 1/2 lbs to go.  I lost that in my first week at Slimming World! 

My absolute highlight of the weekend was going to visit my pal, Rachael.  We got a free meal in the pub, we tried to watch The Green Hornet but ended up watching itsjustsomerandomguy videos on YouTube instead (*sings*  "I'm a Marvel, he's a DC, but you're the only one who's ever been insiiiide of meeeeeee........... as a characterrr....!").  Honestly, if you have any love for any superheroey type stuff, check out his YouTube channel.  The man is a legend and one of my absolute comedy idols. 

Before we went to the pub, we had a great laugh with Rachael's twenty-month-old daughter, Erin.  Those of you who know me are well aware of my aversion and fear of children, but Erin is one of the few exceptions.  She's a genius, and already has the most contagious laugh ever.  She just gets more adorable and hilarious the older she gets.  My black, granite heart is no match for her overwhelming fabulousness. 

So, anyway, it's been a little while since I updated about the progress of The Phantom Winger.  This is mostly because I've had writer's block, and also because I realise that if I go on too much about the story it'll ruin the whole thing for everyone, and none of us want that - least of all me!

I've polished up the Prologue, added a couple of bits to make it a bit more page-turny, completely finished Chapter One and am almost done with Chapter Two.  I should be on Chapter Three by the end of the week.  I feel as though I'm falling into my other usual trap of not being descriptive enough in my narrative, or indeed just not having enough narrative - there's a *lot* of dialogue so far in Chapter Two.  I think I just managed to balance it out in Chapter One and I'm hoping I can bring it all together by the end of Chapter Two.  If anyone wants to read what I've got so far, please drop me a line or leave me a comment and I'll send it over.  All feedback is welcome and appreciated. 

I've had quite a few comments from people who think that this very blog should be published.  I'm really not sure how I feel about this.  For a start, I put literally no thought or effort into updating this.  I won't lie to you.  It's just a stream of consciousness thing to keep me on the straight and narrow on the writing and weight loss front.  Also - aside from my friends and family, who is going to care about my weight loss adventure?!  It'd take a lot of adapting and would by its very nature need to be a lot more contrived than it already is.  However, I'm really quite surprised by how popular this blog is - believe it or not, I've had nearly 1,000 hits so far, even from places as random as Romania and Indonesia!!  Not only that - look at Bridget Jones and Adrian Mole.  They kept quite successful diaries, didn't they?!  I guess if I can make a couple of bob from my blog then it might help me to concentrate even more on my spy books, which is the main thing.  I'm not sure if Slimming World Magazine might be interested in taking it on in a serial format or something.  It's definitely something to bear in mind - but for the moment at least, I just want to focus on losing weight and getting my story written.  Again, any thoughts or advice on this particular subject will be greatly appreciated.

I'm feeling really far too happy at the moment to be funny.  Everything really seems to be great at the moment.  I'm feeling positive about everything and in all fairness I'm even starting to freak myself out.  I'm too cheerful for my own good.  It'll all end in tears!!!

Join me on Wednesday, when the midweek slump will have occurred and I'll be back to my normal self, and generally more grumpy and acid-tongued (or fingertipped, as the case may be!) than Paul O'Grady at a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment