Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter Parade

So, the Easter weekend did screw up my opportunities to post any blog entries and as a result I may have wavered somewhat over the weekend in my healthy eating resolve.  But never mind.  Holidays are always peculiar times for everyone.  I mean, how many of you have to keep reminding yourself that it's Tuesday?!  Don't lie, now, I've done it about 100 times already this morning!!

On Thursday I went for the weigh in a little earlier than usual.  My goal was to reach my Club 10 target by Easter and as I was only 2lbs away from it I thought I might've done it.  I was pretty good during the week.  I mean, there was Saturday, where I consumed my entire year's worth of calories in liquid form.  But I really reined it back in over the rest of the week, even though I didn't do a great deal of exercise, and although I didn't really hold out a great deal of hope, I though that perhaps I might've just done it - or at least just got within a pound or so. 

Luckily, I lost 2 1/2lbs.  So, my Easter target was met, the llamas fiesta-ed like there was no tomorrow, and the weekend began in a very merry fashion indeed.  It was all good in the proverbial hood.

The highlight of the weekend, definitely, was getting my sister to watch films.  Normally our flat is a bit of a Sport Only Zone, and although I can put up with sport as much as the next person and I do try and get into it, we did seem to spend the week leading up to The Masters exclusively watching Sky Sports News, which did start to grate a little.  So, on Friday, we watched, not one, but THREE films.  They included Muppets Treasure Island (it's no Robert Newton version, I grant you - but it does have Kermit the Frog, which the original Disney version definitely couldn't boast), The Cutting Edge (yes, it's a chick flick - but the leading lady was the voice of Nala in The Lion King which instantly makes her okay by me, and it was a sport-based chick flick so it wasn't quite as awful as it could have been) and - and this was quite an achievement, I feel - Thor!  I'd re-bought it that morning because I'd loaned it to Rachael a few months ago and was really starting to get terrible withdrawals from it.  I mean, you can't go too far wrong with a Kenneth Branagh film.  It's like he married superheroes and Shakespeare, two of my favourite things, to make an absolute epic.  Loved it.  It had action, humour, explosions, scary baddies, brilliant dialogue, Chris Hemsworth, Aled from the Chris Moyles Breakfast Show (in disguise as Loki) and a cameo from my new future ex-husband, Jeremy Renner (the trick with celebrity crushes is to aim ridiculously high but stay realistic!).  I mean, what more do you want from a film?! 

Jo actually liked it, in the main (she mostly liked the scene where Thor stalked around the kitchen in no shirt and then declared, "This mortal frame requires sustenance!  Bring me food!") - but she was a bit peeved that there was no snog at the end between Thor and Natalie Portman.  Well.  I'm sure there'll be one in Thor 2.  MAYBE even one in The Avengers - he has to get back to earth somehow and he might've taken time out to look her up.  But there WAS one about 20 minutes from the end, I mean - isn't that enough PDA for one film?!  Anyway, she should try being a Spider-Man fan.  We had to wait until right at the end of Spidey 2 before Peter and Mary-Jane got together!! 

The rest of the weekend was, however, completely taken up with sport.  There was a lot of The Masters - and congratulations to Bubba Watson on a well-deserved win.  We also watched a bit of rugby and saw Wigan batter St Helens in the Good Friday fixture - but no sporting achievement was as well-received in Wainwright Mansions as Everton walloping Sunderland 4-0 at Goodison yesterday.  Fabulous news.  Just hope we can keep it up for when we face Liverpool at Wembley on Saturday for the FA Cup Semi-Final.  *worries*. 

So now, back to work.  For as long as that lasts, anyway.  I've decided to look for something else.  It's been two years now and to be honest I really need to work full-time, which is something I can't do here.  It's a lot of upheaval, but with so many other things changing this year, perhaps a new job really is the way forward.  Who knows.  I mean, obviously, when Adam and I win the BBC sitcom competition, all our worries will be over - but until then I suppose boring secretary jobs will have to do!!

Join me again on Friday, when I'll be able to give you the lowdown on what happens at the weigh-in on Thursday.  I need to lose 3 1/2 lbs to get my next half-stone award, which I doubt will happen, but I might at least get halfway there...!!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched Thor yet but that will be the next one to watch as it does look good. Fingers crossed for Thursday weigh in hope you get the 3 1/2lbs. X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muppets Treasure Island! I have such good memories of watching that with Tabitha when we were younger. And being scared slightly... Muppets are either hit or miss for me haha.

    Glad you made your goal weight, yay!!

    And I hope you can find the job you're looking for hon.

    ReplyDelete