Friday 18 May 2012

Wham, Bam, Thank You, Scales!

All right, all right, I've calmed down, I've stopped whooping and cartwheeling around the living room long enough to write my Friday blog. 

That's right.  I have good news.  Great news.  That 3 1/2 lbs that was doing my head in?  GONE!!  BAM!!!  3 stone (that's 42lbs to my American readers and 19kgs to my...er... metric readers) in 19 weeks, that's quite good going, isn't it? 

In celebration, Enrique has put together The Three Stone Fiesta.  Floats, bunting, ticker-tape, sombreros, maracas, even the odd castanet.  In the words of the late, great Eddie Cochrane - WOOOOO!!!!  C'MON EV'RYBODYYY!!!!!!

Whoo!!  Enrique, you've surpassed yourself this time, little fella!!!  What a celebration!!

Right.  So.  This is it.  3 stone down, 4 to go.  There's a very small possibility that I might still get to the halfway mark by my birthday, I've lost 7lbs in two weeks a few times so I know I can do it.  I just need to try extra hard and maybe try other things like finally incorporating a bit more exercise into my daily regime and drinking water... I seem to have developed quite an addiction to Coke Zero/Pepsi Max/whatever's on offer in Morrisons at the time of purchase.  No, really.  Well, I've almost totally given up booze and chocolate, I haven't had pizza or crisps all year and frankly there's little left in life that's classed as being 'a bit naughty' that I can get away with having these days!! 

Gah!  Skinny, old and boring.  Three things I thought I'd never be!

I'm so chuffed.  I worked so hard to get these last few pounds boxed off, and I've done it.  I've still got a really really long way to go, but it feels far more achievable now.  I will get there.  There's a story on the Slimming World website and in this month's Slimming World magazine about a fella about a year older than me who's lost 17 1/2 stone (245 lbs/111.13kg) in just over two years.  He looks like a completely different person.  I mean, blimey.  I know 7 stone is a lot and roughly the size of a skinny full grown adult, but 17 1/2 stone - that's some people's starting weight when they join Slimming World!!  That must've seemed like an impossible mountain to climb - and now he goes out climbing real mountains for fun!!  It's incredible how much a silly thing like losing weight will change your life completely.  I mean I know I've still got a huge way to go but I really feel as though this time I'll do it and that my life will change.  I'll start doing things I've never done, I'll stop being afraid of trying anything new and I'll actually start walking down the road with my head up rather than hunched up, worrying about tripping over my own feet or being laughed at and heckled by vile people who felt the need to point my weight problem out to me in case I hadn't already noticed it.  Seriously.  It'll be all change.  I just hope I'm ready for it...!!

Join me again on Monday when I'll probably not have much to report from the weekend, but I'll be looking towards a lovely family reunion under very sad circumstances and trying to stay strong in the hopes of getting closer to the 3 1/2 stone mark next Thursday night!!  Have a lovely weekend, whatever you'e up to!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap that's AWESOME! That's a lot of weight!!

    ReplyDelete