Wednesday 16 May 2012

Clothes Horse

This is it, folks.  This is what 'back on track' looks like.  A Wednesday blog and being on course for a three-post week.  I'm on fire!  Not literally, don't worry.

I've got back onto the green tea, I've started eating more fruit and I've kept myself to below 10 Syns per day.  If I don't see at least some improvement by Friday I'll throw the blasted new scales out the window - don't try and stop me!!  I may be skinnier now but I've still got the strength of a girl nearly three stone heavier than me...!!  Grr!

I sort of feel like I've been a bit of an in-between size for the last couple of months.  I reckon I've got about another stone to lose before I get back into my old clothes. There are two items of clothing that I'm desperate to be able to wear again - a black pinstripe shirt dress and a dogtooth skirt suit, both of which are a size 18.  I'm a lot closer to both than I was five months ago, which is great.  At the moment I'm wearing clothes far too big for me because I'm still trying to put off that clothes shopping trip that I know will be looming at some juncture.  I'll wait.  All my clothes are already at least one size too big for me, one more won't hurt.  I'll go shopping when I'm officially thin enough to throw *all* my old clothes out.  Or at least the majority of them.  I know that sounds very wasteful, but honestly, my clothes are all so old and battered, if I sent them to the third world, they'd send 'em back with a note saying, "What do you think we are, a charity?"  Cancer Research UK would blacklist me if I left any of my clothes at one of their charity shops.

At the moment I've only got one skirt, it's probably two sizes too big and when I first slimmed into it it was just above my knee.  It's now halfway down my shin.  It does look ridiculous.  I will sort it out one day, honestly.  I just want to get there first.  As soon as I'm comfortably into a size 18 I'll cheerfully bin my fat clothes, get myself  down the high street, walk in with my head held high and bypass the Fat Person's Clothes section and buy something that actually looks nice and not like a misshapen sack with a token handful of sequins in a feeble attempt at making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  Oh, how I long for that day!

Seriously, if anyone wants to come with me to help me , that'd be great.  Send all applications to the usual address and in no more than 20 words, complete the sentence, "I should take Spev clothes shopping for skinny person clothes because..."  I'll even treat you to a coffee and a slice of cake from Costa while we're out by way of a thank you!

Join me on Friday when hopefully I'll at least have boxed off most of that pesky 3 1/2 lbs that's keeping me from reaching my 3 stone target.  With any luck the llamas will have come up with a lovely dance routine and we can all have a great time shaking our maracas together!!  Arriba!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope things start to improve for you soon. I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should take Spev clothes shopping for skinny person clothes because...I can pick her up in my red Ferrari and we can shop in style!! (plus Costa is my fav coffee shop!!)

    ReplyDelete