Monday 14 May 2012

Guess Who's Back...

Hello, hello, hello!!

I'm sorry I failed on the blogging front last week.  Last week was horrible.  Please can we pretend it didn't happen?  That would totally work for me.  I know the whole purpose of the blog was to be some sort of personal therapy when times got tough as well as the chroncling of joys and euphoria when times were good - but there are reasonable limits to everything.  My head is feeling really rather screwed up at the moment.  Life with the Wainwrights just hasn't been the kind of thing anyone would want to blog about for the last seven days.

Aside from the stuff you don't want to know about, on Thursday's weigh-in it turned out that I had put half a pound on.  The llamas were extremely disappointed.  I didn't pack them off to Magaluf again this week, but Enrique did say that if I have a good result this week he'd choreograph an extra special fiesta for me.  What more incentive do I need?!

My slimming mojo seems to have vanished since the Debacle of the Scales.  It's ridiculous.  I know it's only a little thing but it's really just thrown me off-balance - no pun intended.  Just when I'd finally started to think I could really do this and I could finally start looking like a person rather than an orb with feet, it was a huge knock I wasn't prepared for.  Andrea the Consultant has got a lot to answer for.  I am seriously lacking in confidence now, and being slimmer now feels more like a pipe dream again than the achievable goal it had started to become. 

I'm not going to get my target of reaching my half-way point by my birthday.  Or at least, if I do, it'll be a miracle.  I know that now, and I suppose knowing that has taken a bit of pressure off, but the best I can do is to try and get as close to it as possible by then.  I've still got three weigh-ins to go.  Who knows.  It might happen.  I'm being really tough this week.  I've got 3 1/2 lbs to go before I get my 3 stone boxed off and if I don't do it this week - or certainly the week after, I'll be completely gutted. 

On the plus side, everyone buy my best friend Nathan's album when it comes out in a couple of weeks.  Not only is he incredibly talented, makes amazing music and is, indeed, my favourite man since creation - I wrote the liner notes!!!  Wahoo!  I knew I'd see my name in print somewhere this year.  Now I just need to get rid of this fershlugginer Writer's Block on The Phantom Winger.  I've been advised to write the end first.  I don't know how I feel about this, I think it might be a bad idea.  Although I might start from mid-way in the third chapter, I'm only about five or six paragraphs away from breaking the block. 

Actually, you know what, first of all I think I just want the world to stop spinning so flipping quickly for five minutes and let me get my head together before I go any further with anything...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment