Friday 22 June 2012

And the Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down...

...And the river sucked up Pooh!!

Ah, Disney.  You never cease to be hilarious.

It is truly El Pissi Downio out there today.  I turned up at work looking like a drowned rat because I currently have no umbrella (a stupid thing for any native to this country, I know), as mine was attacked by the only element that no umbrella can stand - the heavy wind/driving rain combo.  I wouldn't have minded but it was a huge umbrella, not one of those ones that snaps in half during a gentle breeze.

You don't want to know my umbrella woes.  I'm getting terribly boring in my old age.  Only yesterday I got a new computer in work and lamented about how difficult Office 2007 is to use compared to Office 2003 (any idiot who thinks getting rid of AutoText is a good idea has NEVER been a secretary!) while lauding the fabness of the i3 processor and being generally impressed with Windows 7. 

I fell asleep twice while typing that sentence.  That's how boring I've become.

You think I'm avoiding talking about Fat Club, don't you?  Well, no, actually, not really.

As you all know, I was desperate to lose 1 1/2 lbs to get to my halfway 3 1/2 stone mark.  I'd been very good indeed and hadn't drunk too much or eaten too much, although as I'd been rather poorly for the past few days I had been what can only be described as sedentary for the past week, so I wasn't too confident.  As it turned out I managed to lose 1lb.  Which is still good going and I know I can't lose 4lbs every week etc etc etc etc, but it was so annoying just to be half a pound out!  That's neither here nor there!!  8oz, it's less than a packet of butter!  Gahhh!!!

So, to stop myself being too annoyed at the 'so near yet so far'-ness of the situation, I've already decided in my head that I've hit it.  Let's face it, if I'd got on the scales an hour earlier or later I probably would've weighed half a pound less.  I've probably already lost half a pound this morning.  My next target is to concentrate on hitting the 4 stone mark. 

I think this is becoming the most sensible option on the weight-loss front (as I'm practically a veteran now).  Rather than thinking "Gosh, I need to lose [insert number here] [ha!! I said 'insert'!!] [HAHA! And again!] stone, that's going to take forEVER!", just think "I can lose half a stone.  Half a stone is do-able.  Any eejit can lose half a stone!" and then when that's done, you can aim to lose another half stone, and then another and another.  You're still aiming for that big goal at the end, but rather than feeling you have an impossible mountain to climb, you just feel you have a few gentle inclines to stroll.  And who knows - I mean at the moment I'm pretty sure my target is 7 stone, but when I get there, what if I haven't lost quite enough and I have to move the goalposts back by a stone, or maybe even two?  If I try telling myself I have to lose nine stone, I'll freak out, but all I ever have to lose is half a stone. I just have to do it quite a few times, that's all.

Come on, then, llamas - time to shimmy away those summertime blues, never mind the rain!  Let the fiesta commence!!

*dances round room like a mad eejit*

My mum lost 1 1/2 lbs in her first week, she wasn't overly strict with keeping to the Syns limit either, so she's really pleased to have seen a result.  She's determined to follow the diet to the letter and lose 4lbs next week - and I bet she'll do it too!! 

This weekend my pal Zara and her son Dominic are coming to visit.  I've not seen them in forever and it'll be lovely to catch up with them both.  Whatever you're up to over the weekend, I hope you have a good'un - and I'll see you back here on Monday with a round-up of all the weekend's action!!

1 comment: