Friday 15 June 2012

Keep On Keeping On

There is a double celebration of fiesta-ing today in the Diary, and a good job too.  The llamas have had three weeks off and Enrique has started panicking that if they have any more time off, their muscles will all seize up and they'll never be able to do those high-kicks again.

To mark the glorious occasion, they've decided on a very spectacular stunt.  Miguel has bravely offered to be a llama cannonball!!  Ricardo has designed a lovely red sparkly cape for the occasion. It'll be the finale sequence to the fiesta and I'm sure it'll be a breathtaking sight!

The first reason I'm celebrating is, after a week off and not really following the diet strictly at all - it turns out I've lost a whopping FOUR POUNDS!!!  I'm now just 1 1/2 lbs off having lost 3 1/2 stone!!  For those still keeping track, I've lost 47 1/2 lbs in 23 weeks.  Which is still quite good going.

*AAARRRRIIIIBBAAAAAA!!!!!!*

The second reason for celebration is that I have actually managed to get tickets to see Michael Nesmith - after a very dramatic turn of events this morning.  It nearly didn't happen at all - but eventually I got two seats.  They're back row, I grant you, and when I had the possibilty of seats in the third row at first, it does sting somwhat, but there are only 12 rows in total, the venue only seats 460, and I think the hall is laid out in such a way that there's really no such thing as a bad seat.  I mightn't get to see every whisker on his face but I'll certainly know it's the right fella.

WOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

*dances round like a mad eejit*

133 sleeps, apparently.  According to my calculations, there were 136 but I'm reliably informed there are only 133.  This is very exciting news.  I just hope by then I'll be as close as possible to my target size.  I've got four and a half months to lose three dress sizes.  I think I can do it.  I hope so.  Even two would be great!! 

Anyway, back to Slimming World.  My mum joined last night!!  This is great news.  Partly because I get in next week free for introducing someone.  I really hope she makes a good job of it.  She only wants to lose the same amount I've already lost.  And I've managed it so she can definitely do it.  Hell's teeth, she's had five kids, losing a bit of weight isn't going to cause any problems!!!  Apparently Andrea the Consultant kept telling mum (and the other newbies) to listen to what I told her because I'm doing so well.  How embarrassing!!!  I wish Mum hadn't told me, I'm not a fan of all this attention. 

I'm so excited I really don't have the brain to type any more.  Let's see The Llama Cannonball in action for the big finale to end this very exciting and hysterical blog!!

.............

.....................................

...................................................................................

*wince*

Ricardo, you really ought to check that you're not firing that thing off anywhere near a wall....

*sigh*  We're a llama down, ladies and gentlemen, but don't worry, it isn't fatal - he just needs a good rest and he'll be right as rain soon.

Join me next week, when hopefully I'll have calmed down slightly, and I'll give you an update on Miguel's progress.  Hooves crossed he's well on the mend by then!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! And that's exciting about your mom joining!

    ReplyDelete