Wednesday 20 June 2012

Dude, I Feel So Gnarly

I'm pretty sure only one person on earth will get that particular reference.

My apologies for a lack of update on Monday.  I've been poorly.  I've felt, well... gnarly.  Just unnaturally exhausted, all the time.   And dizzy.  So flippin' dizzy.  Kind of like I'm coming down with something but nothing's actually happening.  You know those really annoying vague illnesses that make you feel like all hell but you can't exactly say what's wrong with you.  So tired my fingertips hurt, frequently dizzy and nauseous, weird headaches that feel like my head's trapped in a vice... and I feel a right numpty going to the doctors and saying "I feel lousy, what the chuff's up with me?!"

Nevertheless, I did.  Two days off work and I still felt rubbish.  There was nothing else for it.  Understandably, the doc was as stumped as I was and sent me for blood tests just to make sure my body isn't being taken over by aliens (because that's guaranteed to make anyone feel under the weather) or anything.

I've dragged myself back into work today and typically I feel even worse today than I did yesterday and Monday combined.  What's a girl to do?  If my boss provided sick pay I'd have taken the week off and actually managed to get some proper rest.  Never mind.  I'll live.  I don't think it's possible to actually die of tiredness.  Although if I'm wrong I want Fire by the Crazy World of Arthur Brown to be played at my cremation...

My plan this week is to lose 1 1/2 lbs.  I dunno if I'll do it because, due to the fact I've felt like someone's pulled the plug out on me and replaced all my limbs with lead-lined cement blocks, I've been rather sedentary the last couple of days.  Still, I've been pretty good on the lack of Synning front.  I've been drinking heaps more water than usual and eaten loads of fruit and stuff.  So I should be okay.  I mean 1 1/2 lbs isn't exactly attempting to reach the unreachable.  I mean if I'm being mammothly aspirational I'd like to have lost 8 1/2 lbs by my weigh in on July 5th, which will be my six-monthiversary of starting Slimming World and it will be great to say I've lost 4 stone in six months.  But if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, I'll lose it eventually.  I've got just over 4 months before I go to see Michael Nesmith in concert and I should be almost there by then.  At least, I hope so.

Join me again on Friday when I'll bring you all the gossip from Slimming World, including how mum got on during her first week and hopefully news that I've reached my half-way point at last.  The llamas should be on fine form.  Miguel is still tucked up in bed with a hot water bottle, groaning slightly every now and again for effect, but Ricardo's friend Diego said that he'd happily stand in this week while Miguel's recouperating.  I just hope Enrique can teach him the dance routine in time...!!

3 comments:

  1. aww hunni i know this feeling well, turned out to be my thyroid and as it already runs in the family iam sure you been tested for that, thinking of you and really hope it passes soon,
    hey i did it i joined slimming world you have inspired me so so much, when i last got weighed i was just over 10 stones, monday i couldnt believe i was 12st 9lbs....!! it just creeps up on you and even tho iam not overly bothered, i cant fit into any of my size 16`s so yeah you inspired me much.. so did your mum join to, when ??
    i have to do this but finding it so hard and only 3 days in .... ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon XxX

    ReplyDelete