Wednesday 27 June 2012

Shortest Blog Post Ever

I feel I may have been unintentionally misleading.  I said at the end of my blog on Monday that I might have some exciting news on Wednesday and now everyone seems to think that I have a huge announcement of excitement.

I... well... I really don't.  Sorry.  I just meant it in that usual, "I might have something exciting to tell you - but the likelihood is I won't," capacity that I normally end posts with.  I should've made myself a bit clearer.  Apologies for building your hopes up.  If I did have any exciting news to announce, I'd just announce it, I wouldn't make you wait!!

No, there is truly nothing to report in my boring life, as usual.  It's a general state of OK-ness in Wainwright Central.  I'm a bit skint, but I'm always a bit skint.  I'm still not a bestselling novellist, but I haven't written in months.  I'm not at target yet, but I won't be for a good few months yet.  I will get there, though, that's a fact.  I'm not going out with David Mitchell, but then I never was.  Curse you, Coren!  Everything is pretty much the same as ever.

I'm feeling a little midweek slumpish, to be honest.  Just a general feeling of 'meh'.  I know why, like, and I suppose in a way it makes things easier knowing that you're feeling 'meh' for a reason, because at least you know you're not going mad.  Or, if you are going mad, there's a a perfectly logical reason for it.

Still, at least Friday will coincide with pay-day.  What's more exciting than pay-day on a Friday, may I ask?  Answer - NOTHING!  Except of course for a fiesta led by a troupe of dancing llamas!!

Let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best - I need to have lost at least half a pound by tomorrow to get my shiny sticker and certificate - but if I've lost more then hopefully I will be well on my way to the 4 stone shiny sticker!!  I wonder what colour that is?!  Liz will know, she'll tell me.  Although I sort of like the surprise of finding out when I get the shiny stickers.  "Oooh!  A green one!!  Shiny!!"  I mean, you know.  It's pathetic but it's a thing.  Just go with it.

There's nothing more to see here.  I think this probably qualifies as my shortest blog post ever.  I bet you didn't even get time for a little swig of tea, did you?! 

2 comments:

  1. No news is better than bad news, Heather, that's what I say...

    Have a great week, I'm off to do the housework...

    See, we're all the same, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you've had a better rest of your week and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete