Friday 17 February 2012

Happy Dancing

C'mon, llamas - time for you lot to get your dancing hooves on!!

*shakes maracas and dances round like a thing possessed*

Never in my whole life have I been so happy to lose one pound!!  That's it.  First stone - BAYY-UMM!!  Gone!!  Never coming back!!!  This is it, folks.  One down, six to go.  I can do this.  I can.  I can do it.  Certainly by the end of the year.  Perhaps August is a bit of a big ask.  But I can get most of this weight boxed off by then, at least!!

I'm not losing as fast as I'd like.  I knew it wasn't going to be easy and that I probably wouldn't lose 5lbs a week indefintely.  But after a fortnight of extra Being Good and only having lost a total of 2 1/2lbs, I must say I'm feeling a little nonplussed by the idea that eating less slows down your slimming rate.  I noshed like a mad eejit in my first week and lost 5 1/2 lbs.  Haven't eaten so much since and haven't lost as much weight.  There may be something in that.  I put in my target weight on the Slimming World Online site and according to their calculations I might have reached it by 8 April 2013.  That's a bit depressing.  I really need to get my act together and just try harder.  I'm not sure how they worked it out, though.  If I lost a stone in six weeks, not even at lightning pace, I don't understand why they think it'll take me 14 months to lose the other six... I'll just have to prove the calculator wrong, that's all.  What do calculators know, anyway?!  Nothing, they're just machines.  The maths is wrong.  They haven't reckoned on me - SuperSpev!  I'll slim down like some sort of slimming ninja (slimmer in a half-shell... SKINNY POWER!) and reach my target weight before they've even registered it! 

Besides, I haven't really eaten much the last couple of weeks through one thing and another.  I think the only way that Slimming World really works is if you do eat.  And eat.  And, by Jove, keep eating.  It's my kinda diet.

Mr Syn Free Sausage 2012 has agreed to come to the club in the next couple of weeks with a selection of snorkers and burgers and all sorts of yummy stuff like that.  We all got a little note on our seats to tell us.  I couldn't help but laugh when Andrea the Consultant referred to him as The Sausage Man.  She then went on, quite randomly, to ask if anyone had Special Pancakes.  Well.  I was in stitches.  Apparently, and this sounds gross, so never do it.  If you put a packet of microwavable porridge oats in a Muller Light yoghurt along with two eggs and mix it all up, then put it in the fridge overnight, it ends up making a pancake batter.  I would seriously rather go without.  It sounds hideous. I'll have real pancakes when I'm thin, thanks.

Dave the Bloke wasn't there, but another bloke has joined.  I don't like him.  He's not a groovy guy like Dave the Bloke, and he has definite hygiene issues.  The room was pratically empty and he turned up late with his mum and they chose to come and sit next to me.  He almost took up half of my chair as well as his own.  Dude.  Personal space.  And they didn't even acknowledge I was there!  Just rude.  Beth the Legend was also strangely absent. 

We had a taster evening, which I didn't partake in.  Felt a bit embarrassed.  I know it's a highly illogical thing, but I've never been a fan of eating in public and have had several cruel comments passed at me on the odd occasion I do - even when I was thinner.  I know, the last place I would get abuse hurled at me for eating would be in a slimming club - especially when some of the people there are bigger than me... but... nah.  Not my scene.  Someone made chicken fried rice using honey and soy sauce.  She gave us the recipe and I might have a bash at making it - possibly without the honey.  It sounded awesome and practically Syn free.  Someone else made a vanilla cheesecake which sounded utterly sublime.  Must look for the recipes online!

Jo and I are going to Manchester tomorrow to see Olly Murs (to be said in the dramatic style of Voiceover Man from X-Factor - OLLY MUUURRRS!!!).  Really excited, should be a great night - and at least I don't need to worry about missing The Magicians!  Will provide a full report of the action from the weekend in Monday's update.  I hope everyone has an equally fabulous weekend, whatever your plans are.  Be good!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Spev, that's a big deal! Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay great news always good to hit a milestone. My aim is 3 stone by Easter and another 4 by September. Have a fab weekend seeing Olly Murs and well done on a really great achievement. Take care my lovely X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Slimmer than a half shell- SKINNY POWER ' - absolutely genius :-) xx

    ReplyDelete