Wednesday 8 February 2012

Mama, do the Hump

Yes - THAT Hump!  It's the Midweek Hump known as Wednesday, everyone!  Happy Hump Day to you all!! 

As it were.

So, The Phantom Winger is officially on hold while I await one of three things:
  • A great start to Chapter Three hits me
  • I stop panicking at the fact I haven't written anything in over two weeks
  • I wrestle with the logistics of attempting to turn Diary of a Fat Girl into a sitcom.
There's a BBC competition, being judged by one of my heroes, the lovely Dawn French, to come up with the first episode of a new sitcom and plotlines for subsequent episodes in a series.  This is really where my heart has always been.  As you probably know, one of the most often dished-out pieces of advice to budding writers is 'write what you know' - and I know few things better than my own journey through weight loss.  Also, from all the top tips I've read from various screenwriters and comedy legends - sitcoms are not about the setting, they are about the characters.  I don't know many characters better than I know me!

I've really given it quite a bit of thought.  But I'm still not sure.  I think it might work.  But I seriously don't know.  Part of me really wants to keep this blog as a distraction rather than my work - I don't want to make it too complicated.  But then maybe if it comes naturally it might work better.  Who knows. 

So, enough of all that writing business.  I appreciate that it's not a very interesting thing to talk about, it's just me doing a bit of stream-of-conscious, thinking-out-loud (or at least thinking on screen) type exercise.

As I'm sure all of you will be delighted to know, I am more or less completely cured of my cold.  I can breathe and everything.  This is great news. 

I've also been keeping on the straightest and narrowest of paths this week.  I've decided to cut my Syns down slightly from between 10-12 to between 7-10 for the next couple of weeks.  I will lose that 2 1/2 lbs this week.  I will.  I may have already lost it, who knows.  I'm not feeling drastically thinner but I am feeling ever so slightly smaller all the time.  The strange thing that I'm noticing is that it's not taking nearly so much food to fill me up.  I mean - I don't go back for seconds after tea.  There generally isn't anything else to have, like, but I'm full.  I think I'm starting to learn that not feeling painfully full doesn't necessarily mean that you've not eaten enough.  I have breakfast, lunch and tea every day and I can honestly say that since my first loss, I've not had a snack between meals.  I've never even felt particularly supper-ish when I'm watching Marvel cartoons at half eleven after Jo's gone to bed.  It's all progress.

I can't wait for the day I can see my cheekbones again.  I used to have them, y'know.  Years ago.  Back when I was thinner and certain people thought I looked like a young Nerys Hughes.  It'll happen.  Soon.  Ish.  Certainly by August.  By my weigh in on 1st March I hope to have lost another half stone (after my 2 1/2 lb loss tomorrow, of course).  Which is only slightly over 2lbs a week.  So it's do-able.

Join me again on Friday when I will give you the full low-down from Fat Club.  I really hope those llamas will be up and dancing again - I'll be dusting off their sombreros just in case!!

2 comments:

  1. I would love your Blog to be turned into a sitcom you are so funny with what you write. I try and average between 5 - 10 Syns a day then i know come the weekend I can have a treat if I want it.

    Hope it goes well tomorrow my lovely Spevvie X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that too when I was dieting, that you don't need to feel like you're going to explode to be full.

    ReplyDelete