Friday 10 February 2012

I Don't Feel Like Dancing

Well.  I may not - but the llamas have certainly managed to muster up a gentle soft shoe shuffle sway.  Hit it, lads!!

If you've never seen a herd of llamas hoofing to jazz music while wearing sombreros and leg warmers, it really is a sight to behold.

I lost 1 1/2lbs.  Gutted.  One measly, stinking, rotten pound off my first stone.  That's all!  A pound!  That's all I needed!!  Seven whole days of extra deprivation and generally Being Good - and all it came to was 1 1/2lbs.  I don't know if I'd've felt much worse if I'd stayed the same or put weight on.

I wasn't expecting to feel this way on the weight loss front.  Logically, you would think that any weight loss is great, and legend has it that losing small amounts of weight every week is healthier than losing tonnes of weight every week because the small amounts of weight tend to stay off more than the large amounts.  I know all of that.  I do.  And I'm delighted that it's only taken five weeks to drop nearly a stone.  But that's also the problem.  NEARLY.  Not quite. 

I might blame yesterday, though.  I knew it was going to be worse than I imagined.  My colleague came into the office first thing yesterday morning and conversation went thus:

JAMES:  Heath, how long do you get for lunch?
ME:  Half an hour.
JAMES:  If we all go a bit early, do you want to go to the Italian for lunch?  My treat!
ME: [without pausing for thought]  Yes.  Yes.  Yes I do.  Yes.  Yes please.  I am in.  [thinks for a moment]  Hell to the yes.  Yes yes.

I perused the menu and finally selected something that sounded very healthy.  It promised salmon (free!) and penne (free!) in a tomato sauce with cherry tomatoes (depending on what oil they use... also free!).  I thought at the most it'd only be three or four Syns.  Well.  It would have been - if the whole thing hadn't been cooked in a very rich buttery, creamy sauce!!  ARGH!!!

Tell you what though.  It was bloomin' *amazing*.

To make up for it, I went Bacardi-less last night.  I think I've gone three nights this week without an alcoholic beverage.  Three nights of sobriety and I still only lost 1 1/2 lbs!!  Epic fail.

Apparently, everyone seems to think that if I continue in the same vein this week I will lose more next week.  And I hope so.  I know it isn't a race and that if I just keep doing what I'm doing I'll get there in the end... I just can't help but feel I'm failing a little bit.

I do, however, have a lovely weekend to look forward to, which I know will cheer me up no end.  By the time Monday rolls around I will probably feel much more like my usual perky self, and not like Grumpy McGrumpster from the clan McGrumpbag.  Hoots, ma wee tatty bogle.

I hope all of you are also planning on doing some fabulous things over the weekend.  Whatever you do, have a great time, be good, if you can't be good, be careful - and don't forget to vote Team Pete on The Magicians on Saturday night! 

2 comments:

  1. Aww Spevvie it does gall you when you've been really good all week and it equates to 1 1/2lbs off. The italian sounds absolutely yummylish and hey you had a fab lunch and still lost weight. Bet you see a bigger number next week. Have a smashing weekend my darling X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that any weight loss is good, but I totally understand your frustration.

    ReplyDelete