Wednesday 15 February 2012

Happy Hump Day!

Hands up anyone who isn't feeling good about tomorrow night's weigh-in?

Anyone??

Anyone???

Anyone????

Just me, then. 

I don't understand it.  This week has been a very skint week in Wainwright Mansions, and as a result, I haven't really eaten very much of anything.  Breakfast has been minimal.  Lunch has been merely a token.  Tea has been a much more pleasant affair, in all honesty, but still.  There's not really been much of anything to overindulge in.  And trust me, this week I would happily have overindulged in paper if it was classed as a superspeed food!!  Gah!  So hungry.  Constantly.  Adolescent type hungry. 

So, despite the fact that I haven't quite noshed like a lord this week, even though I could have - I still somehow have managed to feel very bloated and uncomfortable.  I can tell I've put weight on.  I can feel that roll of fat I lost a couple fo weeks ago simply clawing its way back onto my person.  I must be the only human on earth who can eat less and put weight on.

All will be revealed tomorrow, undoubtedly.  But don't hold your breath.  For a start, your face will go a funny colour.

So.  It's Wednesday.  That can only mean one thing - it's Masterchef tonight, guest starring the most aptly-named chef of all time - Tom Kitchin.  I know, really, I didn't believe it either, at first.  Imagine if he'd done anything else.  People would be dead confused.  There's a Japanese girl on it who is some sort of scientific genius, apparently she's got a degree in Quantum Physics or something equally scary sounding, and she is absolutely as batty as Dracula at a Twilight party.  I think the lovely John Torode has got a bit of a soft spot for her as well.  I'm not too sure how sensible it is to watch cookery shows that glamourise things like cream, butter, flour and deep frying shizz while one is on a diet, but... well.  I haven't put any weight on just by looking at any of the puddings *yet*...!!

Slimming World have apparently started up a new incentive called Let's Beat Obesity.  I'm sure we'll hear all about it tomorrow but I think it's some sort of 12-week booster program.  When they did the initiative last year, apparently Slimming World members in the UK and Ireland lost over 3,000,000 lbs altogether!!  12 weeks is a good enough length of time.  That'll take us to... what... probably the end of May.  Who knows - perhaps it'll be just the thing to take my rather stilted weight loss to the next level??  I'll keep you all posted about that.  Sounds pretty interesting so far.

Join me on Friday for an excited look towards my fun-filled Olly Murs Weekend in Manchester with the big sister and her pals from work.  I will also provide a full report of my adventures at the weigh-in, and I'll let you know if the llamas have been let out of their stable this week.  I do have some freshly-laundered leg warmers on standby, just in case... 

1 comment: