Wednesday 7 March 2012

Assemble!

Oh, you don't even know - you can't possibly have any idea exactly how excited I am about the forthcoming Avengers film.  You just can't.  52 sleeps till it's out at the pictures!  I do love this time of year, when all the buzz about the forthcoming summer films first starts.  I know I'm mostly a retro vintage silver screen type girl (my favourite film of all time is City Lights by Charlie Chaplin.  Watch it.  You'll never regret it!), but I'm a sucker for a film containing big explosions, reeeeally evil baddies and slightly anti-heroic good guys, preferably ones with superpowers. 

I'll try and calm down in order to blog like a human being rather than, if I really did just type out my train of thought, simply typing out 100,000 lines of "OMFG!"  Acronyms should be used sparingly, after all.  There's never really much to say of a Wednesday, truth be told - it's not like anyone's particularly interested in how much I hate my job at the moment (lots, incidentally) and how much I'm looking forward to Masterchef tonight (SQUEEE!).  I suppose, then, the Wednesday blog is my most self-indulgent update of the week - which is likely why I always feel so apologetic about them!!

I have no news on the writing front.  I'm actually blocked on everything.  Which is rubbish.  I have no proper computer access and the deadline for the competition is in two weeks.  I just wish everything would come to me in a dream (rather than the weird psycho killer dream I had last night which just scared me into consciousness every time I nodded off) and then I could have a day off to write and everything would be peachy.  Ho hum.  The book is on the back burner for now and probably will stay there until late spring/early summer, but I did have another read of it and I surprised myself with how much I didn't hate it. 

I do have one exciting thing to mention on the weight loss front.  Okay, you may not find it exciting, but I did allow myself a little whoop of joy.  I own a black, woollen coat that I inherited from my late cousin, which is of a peculiar size - it says 18 but I have a feeling the top of it is much bigger than that as I've been able to squeeze into it for some time and I'm definitely not that size yet.  Anyway, for a considerable time I could only fasten two of the four buttons, and then for about a month I've been able to fasten three.  Imagine my excitement, if you will, when I actually fastened all four buttons yesterday!!  We're talking actual progress now, folks.  Real, visible, in-yer-face progress.  I'm shrinking before my very eyes.  Well.  Not quite, obviously, because that'd be impossible.  But you know what I mean.

For the first time since January, then, I'm feeling slightly confident about tomorrow.  Naturally, I understand that losing 5lbs every week is impossible, impractical and not particularly healthy. But I know I've been even more motivated than usual, I'm getting my walk on every day - and even I can see that I'm getting littler, so hopefully all of that positivity will be reflected in the scales.  Really hope so, anyway.

Join me again on Friday, when hopefully you'll meet more of my llamas if I have a good result tomorrow, and I'll have a bit of a look forward to an exciting weekend.  Hope you're all having a fabulous week - and if you get chance, watch the trailer to the new Avengers film.  Two words.  AWE.  SOME. (winking smiley)

1 comment: