Friday 30 March 2012

Tales of the Unexpected

Ah, the fragrant odour of smog.  The feel of the tarmacadam beneath the feet.  The cars driving on the left hand side of the road.  I am back in England, folks - and as lovely as France is, I must say I was very glad to be reunited with my Batman bedding after travelling 800 miles over four trains and two taxis on Wednesday night. 

The llamas have had a lovely holiday and no mistake.  Miguel looks very dashing in his new sombrero blanco, Enrique actually managed to relax and had a few chocolate milkshakes by the pool.  Ricardo made a new friend, a llama named Antonio.  They got on so well that Antonio has agreed to come back to England and join their dance troupe.  You want to see his moonwalk - it's really a sight to behold!!

The llamas have definitely got their legwarmers on this week and are limbering up for quite a fiesta.  Why not?  After all, we've all been on holiday for a week and had a lovely time - and, even more excitingly, after a week away and eating like a lunatic, I got on the scales at Fat Club last night and discovered to my absolute shock and delight that I had, despite three desserts last Saturday, lost 4lbs!!

So chuffed.  I really thought I'd put weight on this week, I'd prepared myself for putting on 5lbs and I was amazed that I hadn't.  I've only got 2lbs more to lose before I reach my Club 10 target, so hopefully I'll be able to box that off next week.  I know I've gone some weeks and really tried hard and only lost 1/2 lb, but then other weeks I've not been too bothered and totally forgot about it and ended up losing 3 or 4 lbs, so I'm going to go for the relaxed approach this week.  Fingers crossed I'll make it.

I've lost 2st 1lb altogether, after my 11th weigh-in.  It's not a record-breaking staggering amount, but that's fine.  I'm still losing weight and I should have reached my target of losing 7st by the end of September, according to my little Slimming World Graph.  I would like to have lost another stone, or at least be well on my way to having lost another stone by the end of April - there's a huge party coming up in the middle of May and I've got a dress lined up for it that I really want to be able to fit into.  All I need is a steely determination and the total avoidance of chocolate mousse...

A friend of mine told me back in January when I was a bit stressed out after having put 1 1/2 lbs on, that weight-loss builds momentum as you go on, he likened it to a train gathering pace.  And I have to say, he was absolutely right (thanks, Timbolicious!).  I've added up all my weight-lossses over the last three months.  Including my 1 1/2lb gain in January, my weight loss has been very progressive.  In January I lost 8 1/2 lbs, in February I lost 9 1/2 lbs, and in March I lost a total of 13lbs.  So I'm losing weight at a much faster rate now than I was when I started, which is all very encouraging.  Hopefully I'll carry on in this vein during April.  Who knows.  It's all very exciting anyway.  For anyone who hasn't seen me in a while, I haven't really changed shape too much except for the fact I do go in slightly in the middle now.  It's a really slow process but I'm confident that if I stick to it, I'll get there in the end. 

Well, after all that, I shall leave you to have a fabulous weekend.  There's a bit of a sad note to my weekend as it's the mini-leaving party for my beloved pixie princess, Helena, who moves to Australia in two weeks' time.  I miss her already.  Although rumour has it she will come back.  Hope so.  It's a bloomin' long way to go for a quick visit.  There is talk of a beer and wine festival at the Commercial Vehicle Museum in Leyland - and if I remember anything from Saturday I shall be sure to relay it to you on Monday. 

Whatever you're up to, have a great weekend, and I'll see you all back here on Monday morning!!

3 comments:

  1. You're doing soooo well :) you should be so proud of yourself!!! Hope you had a brilliant time in france! I really need to pop round to see you and jo soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Heth!! Keep up the good work!! X

    ReplyDelete