Friday 16 March 2012

If Llamas had Thumbs...

...They would be held aloft right now, like Sir Paul McCartney in llamaesque form, jubilantly declaring a silent victory in one of the many battles in my war with weight.

Ah, but llamas don't have thumbs.  They have hooves.  What are hooves for, Ricardo?

"Son para bailar, seƱora!"

Eh?

"He says, 'They're for dancing, lady!'"

(Thank goodness for my half-English llama, Steve!)

Right!!  Hit it!!!

*shakes maracas as if possessed by the spirit of Davy Jones himself*

3 1/2 lbs off!!  Who'd've thought?  I certainly wouldn't.  In fact I told the weigh-in lady that I was convinced I'd put weight on.  I explained that it wasn't that I'd been naughty, I'd just not really eaten very much and done practically no exercise.  So, when I got on the scales and it said that, we were all shocked - even Andrea the Consultant!

I'm now 3lbs off my 2 stone award and 6lbs off my Club 10 target.  I mean, it's going well, isn't it?!  It's all happening.  The chart thingy on the Slimming World website thinks I'll have achieved my final target by mid-September.  I can cope with that.  That's only six months away. 

I'll be skinny.  Well.  Thinner.  Sooner than I think.  I don't know, it still seems impossible.  But if I keep doing it then it might just happen.  One day.  Maybe.

Briefly, in other news - the script is finished and going in the post this afternoon.  I'm really proud of it.  Don't think I've ever really been proud of anything I've written before, I can always see improvements and things that I should've done better.  And I know I wouldn't have got it done - and it definitely wouldn't have been so funny - if it hadn't been for my lovely writing partner.  The man is a legend.  Wainwright & Leslie.  Almost as catchy as Galton & Simpson.  Watch out, we'll be taking over television before you know it.  I can tell.  He'll get his own panel show and I'll just take advantage of the free booze at the awards ceremonies before clumsily trying it on with David Mitchell...  High life - we're ready for you!

This weekend will basically consist of doing boring things like packing and cleaning before the sister and I go on our French adventures.  I'm very excited about it now.  Not only will I get to see my other big sister who I haven't seen in over a year, I'll also get to spend a few brief minutes with my best pal, Nathan, during my fleeting stop in London.  Just about time for a hug and a hi - but totally worth it, and hooray for him for making it possible!!

Join me again on Monday for the penultimate English blog entry of the month, when I'll be looking forward to speaking French again - or not, and probably panicking ever so slightly about remembering my passport...

No comments:

Post a Comment