Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Last Time

Welcome, one and all, to the final Wednesday blog of the month!!
I'm travelling to France next Wednesday for a family shindig - and yes, it will take all day.  We're going by train, so it'll take between ten and eleven hours.  Sheesh.  The following Wednesday, I will be travelling home.  I will probably be able to update the blog while I'm in France, maybe, possibly - but after Monday's blog I can't guarantee much on the updating front until 30 March.

So, as it is the last Wednesday blog of the month, I suppose I'd best find something monumental to tell you.

Erm.

........ Umm.........

... Nah, I got nuthin'.

Good progress has been made on the script.  Which is quite fortunate considering that the deadline is a week today.  Luckily I have a genius and all-round good egg looking over it and contributing greatly to the content and layout - so I think between us we will make a writing team as strong as Spike Milligan and Eric Sykes, or Terry Jones and Michael Palin, or Caroline Quentin and.... that other fella...  Don't worry, folks, when we're famous, we'll still remember you.  Whoever you are.

I'm feeling much more chipper today - I thought I would do.  I think a large part of it is to do with the fact I did manage to complete my first re-write of the script.  I think after hearing about Davy Jones, stupid as it sounds, my head was a bit screwed up.  Not in an 'I need therapy' type way or anything nearly so drastic, just in a 'Oh.  Right.  Well.  I don't know if I remember how to be funny, now' type way.  Just, y'know.  Well.  It came as a shock to everyone, didn't it?  But I did have visions of the deadline passing me by and me just beating myself up endlessly over it.  Even though the Beeb are always on the lookout for unsolicited sitcom scripts and I could feasibly have sent it to them any time - I think the Dawn French factor in this particular competition really made me want to make an extra effort.  So, even though I know it isn't finished yet, I'm a lot more confident that it will be finished by the deadline and we can still enter the competition together.  It feels like an achievement already.

Dieting is still going the same way as before.  I haven't done much walking this week, partly because I got a bit put off the idea on Sunday and partly because I'm just shattered this week, it's been ungodly stressful at work and my head's a bit mashed - the last thing I feel like I've got the energy for is a 7a.m. stroll to and from the little Tesco at the bottom of the hill!!  I'll work something out, though.  I'll get back on it.  I don't feel remotely thinner this week and I feel as though I might've put a little weight on but I know why and I'm not too worried.  I'm not going to fat club next week so I've got two weeks to sort myself out and hopefully get even closer to my 2 stone certificate and my Club 10 certificate, which are only 3lbs apart.  I want it to be Shiny Stickers A Go-Go when I get back into that slimming club!!!

Join me again on Friday, when hopefully the llamas will be out in full force and having a good old boogie in celebration of me losing some sort of weight... but don't hold your breath - I certainly won't be!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing ok. And I hope you have a great time in France with your fam! Give my love to Nigel and Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete