Monday 19 March 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Yes, I know, I'm leaving on a series of trains, but you get the general idea.

The last time I left the UK was in 2006, I think.  My friend Clayre-Louyse and I went to Norway for 24 hours.  We wanted to do something a bit different and Ryanair had flights going for £1.99 per person each way.  It would've been rude to not take advantage of that!  I think the last real live actual holiday I went on that didn't involve being somewhere because I had something to do and somewhere to go was in 2003 when I went to America for a fortnight that turned into three weeks because of the snow.  So... yeah.  I think a holiday is somewhat overdue! 

I know you're probably all a bit worried about the llamas.  After all, they do work very hard all week training for the Big Fiesta of a Friday, and if I leave them for a week with no food and drink they might waste away.  Well.  Fear not.  The boys are off on their holidays too.  Tomorrow, they are all jetting off to Magaluf for a week of well-earned R&R.  Ricardo has packed his shocking pink leg-warmers for nights out and fluorescent green ones for lounging by the pool with a pina colada.  Miguel can't wait to buy himself a new sombrero after one of the twins, Pedro, accidentally ate his old one.  Enrique is, frankly, on the verge of a nervous breakdown as he has made checklists of checklists for all the things they need to remember.  He must have checked all the llama passports at least five times already this morning.  No wonder he's so short - it's all the stress, it must have stunted his growth.

When they get back though, they'll be straight back in training!!  As will I!  I've still got a shedload of weight to lose, and I don't see why being on holiday should necessarily mean that I have to undo all the hard work I've done over the last ten weeks.  I mean I'll definitely have a few more drinkypoops than usual (I am particularly excited about having my first beer of 2012 while I'm away - I can almost taste the Kronenburg already!) and it'd be unfair not to have a smidgen of something yummy from the patisserie - but there's still no need to go crazy and reprise my previous role in life as Miss Pacman just because I'm not going to Fat Club on Thursday.  I'm aiming to lose a minimum of 3lbs but I'm hoping to get as close to losing 6lbs over the next two weeks as I can (which isn't impossible and I have done it before).  August is getting closer by the day and I don't want to let the side down by ruining things for myself when I've really only just started.  I've just got things to do.  Big things.  Food can't get in the way of my plans - I've made too many of them!!

I can't promise any blog entries while I'm away - although I can promise that I'll try to update at least once.  I'm really looking forward to France now.  I was unsure about it at first, but now I'm longing to take some lovely long walks in the countryside, taking in the view, hopefully getting inspired to do a bit of writing - the landscape of Leyland really isn't conduicive to a great deal of inspiration, I won't lie. 

That's right, France.  I'm ready for you.  Just hope the feeling's mutual!!

I have no news to report of the weekend's activities.  The big sister and I were so pooped after a long and stressful week that we were reduced to gibbering wrecks by Friday and did pretty much chuff all over the weekend, despite our valiant plans of cleaning and packing.  However, Jo did teach me how to make a proper spaghetti bolognese last night.  I was quite proud of myself.  It was actually edible.  It's weird that, although I can bake one hell of a cake - I find cooking savoury food to be completely baffling, unless it's a full English breakfast.  Which is most unfortunate because it turns out that you can't actually live on cake and full English breakfasts.  Trust me.  I've tried!!

So, this is it - the penultimate English blog of the month.  Jo and I will be catching the eight o'clock train from Leyland on Wednesday morning.  We should just be arriving in London this time in 48 hours.  Whatever you're all up to over the next ten days, I hope you all have a lovely time.  Be good - and if you can't be good, be careful.  I will miss you all very much indeed - but don't worry, I shall be back with Ricardo and the boys a week on Friday, hopefully with some good news from Fat Club.  If not, it won't be from a lack of trying, that's for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time Heth!! Love the blog, even if the talk of Llamas is slightly confusing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah 2003! :)

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete