Monday 5 March 2012

Keep on Walking

Thanks to everyone who gave such positive feedback from Friday's blog.  Miguel, Ricardo and Enrique were all really pleased to meet you.  Who knows, if I have another good result this week I might introduce you to the twin llamas - Pablo and Eduardo.

You know the thing that worries me most about exercise?  The amount of people who go to Slimming World every week and say, "I don't understand how I managed to put weight on - I've been to the gym every day!" only to get the reply "Ah, that'll be why you've put weight on..."

I know muscle weighs more than fat, but still. At the moment I can't afford to put an ounce back on.  Of anything.  Besides.  Losing 1 1/2 stone in eight weeks with relatively little exercise must be some sort of sign.  And yes, I am something of an expert in the art of avoiding physical exertion on any level.  Besides, I'm a girl, I don't want muscles!

Still.  Now I've lost a bit of weight, I seem to have a bit more energy than I used to.  Naturally, I understand it's very tiring to lug three tonnes of weight around with you, and that offloading any of it will make you feel slightly more spry of step.  But I have all this pent-up energy knocking about the place and in the absence of any talent at any physical activity I was in a bit of a quandry about what to do with it. 

So, after a lovely Synful curry cooked by the big sister on Friday, I decided to go for a rather wacky walk on Saturday afternoon in some sort of bizarre attempt to walk it off.  When I say wacky, don't get any ideas of The Ministry of Silly Walks - just a slightly bizarre route. I had intended to walk a sort of a square route (get me being all mathematical) but I decided I hadn't quite walked far enough so it turned into a sort of deformed octagonal route...

I must now be thinking like a skinny person.  I would never, ever ever ever in a quadrillion years, EVER have so much as considered exercising off any meal - ever.  But there you go.  I did it.  I went for a walk, I didn't die, and in fact I enjoyed it so much that I took a slightly shorter walk yesterday as well.  So, I've decided I'm going to do some walking every day.  Not tonnes, like, just a mile or two at the most, then I can build it up over the coming months. See how I get on.  After all, I've been walking for well over a quarter of a century now and I'm quite used to the 'one foot in front of the other' concept.  But I'll never do running.  Never.  Running is not an activity that was ever designed with bosoms in mind!

Tried on a dress last night that I've only ever worn once and even then it didn't fit properly.  It's slightly stretchy material and there are no zips or buttons or anything - but if it doesn't fit, it really doesn't fit.  Hadn't even been able to get the thing past my shoulders for years.  One of those unforgiving frocks that you really need to have curves in the right places and none anywhere else.  It still doesn't fit properly but it does fit very well at the top and around the back.  Hopefully I might fit into it soon enough.  Fingers crossed.  At the moment I'm just chuffed I can try the thing on without feeling as though I might suffocate or be trapped forever with my elbows round my ears...

All in all I suppose I'm feeling rather positive about the start of the week.  Suppose it can only get better, at least.  Join me again on Wednesday, when we'll all be suffering the midweek slump but will be able to see Friday waving cheerfully at us in signal of a lovely weekend ahead!!

2 comments:

  1. Only you could make the description of a walk hilarious !! 'deformed ocTagonal route ' ha ha ! Wem Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you hon! You're definitely more motivated than me.

    ReplyDelete